When life gives you lemons card – By Katharine Burchell
I’d like to welcome Katharine to the blog today. Katharine is guest designing for us this month and this is the first of her 2 projects.
A quick and simple card to give to a friend.
Using the ‘When Life Gives You Lemons’ Kit here.
- Hand painted lemon paper
- Pattern small lemon paper
- Mama makes washi
- Yellow ribbon
- Black 4”x6” card
- Mrs Brimbles stickers
- Piece of white card
- Green tissue paper
- Cut the small pattern lemon paper to 10cm x 14cm. This will be the background paper for the card
- Fussy cut the lemons out of the hand drawn lemon paper, along with some leaves.
- Roughly in the centre of the background paper put two strips of washi side by side across the paper
- Stick the yellow ribbon on top to hide the join. Stick the background piece to the blank card.
- Sticker the sticker that says “when life gives you lemons” on to a piece of card 5cm x 1.8cm. Then stick another sticker that says “crack open the gin” underneath.
- Back it with green tissue paper from the box and stick to the centre of the card over the ribbon.
- Using two of the larger lemons and smaller one, layer them on top on each using a foam pad. Add leaves, then stick to the top right/ middle of the card.
- Stick two of the smaller lemons at the bottom layered on top of each other, with a foam pad underneath the top one. Add some leaves.
Thank you so much Katharine. Your card is beautiful.
Have a lovely weekend xx