I do love to bake and I love trying new recipes.
Almost every night once we’ve cleared up the dinner things, we sit with the kids and watch something on tv together with a cup of tea and something home baked. I really like this little habit that we seem to have gotten in to. When you have young teens you cherish any family time that you can grab.
So today’s recipe that I’m sharing with you is a new family favourite of our’s. I found it on Pinterest here. I have tweaked the recipe a little. So here is my version.
Ingredients for 12 muffins
2 cups of plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of dried cranberries
1/2 cup of orange juice (or enough to cover the cranberries in the cup)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 orange zest
1/2 cup of milk
1. Set oven to 190C / 375F / Gas Mark 4 – prepare your muffin tray.
2. Place the cranberries in a bowl with the orange juice to soak.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and place to one side.
4. Cream together the butter and sugar until light.
5. Beat the eggs & milk in a small bowl and then add a little to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix in to the sugar and butter mix and add a little of the flour mix. Keep repeating until the egg/milk mix is all in. Add the orange zest and the remainder of the flour. Mix well.
6. Fold in the cranberries with the orange juice.
7. Scoop the mixture evenly into the muffin cases filling about 3/4 full.
8. Bake for about 20 mins. If you check them by inserting a skewer stick, it should come out clean. If it comes out with cake batter on the stick, they need to go back in for a short while longer.
Enjoy!! We love them the best when they are still slightly warm.